Yumberries (the new name for yang-mei fruit) have been grown and enjoyed in China for thousands of years. They look a little bit like a raspberry with a sweet-sour flavor similar to cranberry and pomegranate juice. Their texture is unique — slightly stringy like the flesh of citrus fruit — with a pit in the center.
Health Benefits of Yumberry
– Fight free radicals. OPC is said to fight oxidation 50 times better than vitamin E and 20 times better than vitamin C.
– Reduce your blood pressure and protect your heart health.
– Lower bad (LDL) cholesterol.
– Protect your eyesight and reduce your risk of cataracts.
– Strengthen your cell membranes.
– Fight inflammation and associated diseases such as arthritis.
Yum-berry is rich in vitamin C and contains multiple organic acids. This appetizing rich fruit acid can do many functions. It aids saliva secretion, and will clear up hard digested food in your stomach. It will also prevent body sugar from being converted to fat.
Tummy problems? Get some yum-berry juice. It has the potential to cure persistent purging of the bowels (diarrhea!) or bellyache and also can inhibit E.Coli too.